Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Stilt-walking @Carnival Attica Too's 6th Anniversary

9th Oct, 2010 ~ Last Saturday, the bi-annunal Carnival Attica at Clarke Quay was here again. This 2nd installment was to celebrate the 6th anniversary of Attica Too. For the 1st session of Carnival Attica this year, I was engaged as a model/talent as featured in my blog here. This time, I was called upon again, on a whole new level as a towering stilt-walker decked out almost entirely in red! xD
My outfit consisted of a red swimsuit with all exposed skin area painted in red body paint, except for my face. After the body painting, a very talented face painter, a French lady, got to work on my face.

Face Painter @Work.


The lady face painter is really good at her act. Below is the result of her work & I love it! xD

Painted Face Hamster! =P


In our funky costumes, me & my partner, another female stilt-walker, performed in 4 sessions at Attica's entrance, entertaining & drawing the party crowd.

Female Stilt-walkers @Carnival Attica


For the 1st session of my performance, I was wearing a devil horn headgear as the ornaments for my outfit wasn't ready.

Demonia On Stilts!

My Complete Outfit


As the previous session of Carnival Attica, there were lots of models/talents, cos-player/costumers around & quite a number of them are familiar faces to me.

Group Photo With Movie Mania Costumers

Group Photo With Models/Talents


I seriously love to be outstanding in costume & stilt-walking. Really enjoyed myself on that night & my thanks to the body painter & the lady face painter who had done a good job on me. Thanks also goes to Nath, my good friend who was acting as my minder. She also guided me through some crazy moves while I was on stilts. LOL! =P

Nath & Me ~ Crazy Girls Stilt-walker Team! xD


I would really love to do this more often if I have the opportunity. Anyone wanting to engage a hamster model stilt-walker can contact me here or in my Facebook. =D

Labels:

9 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:42:00 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

Nath look so familiar to me, is it Nathalia?? from sabah??

 
At Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:49:00 PM, Blogger Nikita Hengbok said...

Yes, she is. From Kota Kinabalu. :D
Do you know her too? ;D

 
At Wednesday, October 13, 2010 8:15:00 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

hahaha! yup know her! same secondary school and karate together last time! n also fencing. :D

 
At Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:39:00 AM, Anonymous Keith said...

In your final sentence I think you meant "hamster model stilt-walker astronaut". No need to sell yourself short! Oh, and I have a question. What exactly does a stilt-walker minder do? Was Nath ready to give trouble-makers a karate kick with her fancy boots or something?

 
At Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:14:00 PM, Anonymous kelly said...

Very nice Nikita! Lovely pics! Stilt-walking isn't easy I think!

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 9:02:00 PM, Blogger Nikita Hengbok said...

Replying to Keith @ Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:39:00 AM

Usually, only female stilt-walkers has minder(s). The minder task, primarily is to make sure no one blindly crash into the stilt-walker, clear the way, watch out for half-hidden obstacles/wet or slippery ground in the path of the stilt-walker. Sometimes, with long, complicated tricky costumes or costumes with long streamers which can trip the stilt-walker, the minder has to watch for loose ends especially near the bottom ends of the stilts. In uncommon cases that a stilt-walker route has an escalator which cannot be avoid. In such cases, the minder have to help the stilt-walker stepping onto the moving platform which is quite dangerous feat for a stilt-walker. The minder also acts as security for the female stilt-walker, watching for unruly guys. It all depend on the situation. Politeness & diplomacy will always be the standard, but if someone is being too forceful, than force will be apply, all within the law.

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 9:06:00 PM, Blogger Nikita Hengbok said...

Thanks Kelly. :)

 
At Saturday, October 16, 2010 11:44:00 PM, Anonymous Keith said...

An interesting answer Nikita, and I'm sure Nath could deal out some fine justice with those boots if any unruly guys tried messing with you. Pow! But I figure there's one more job she can do. If she sees that you're starting to fall over, she can shout out a warning to prevent anyone getting a nasty surprise from above. Like, "Everybody run! Hamster comin' down!". Not that you're very heavy - in fact I expect you're quite light - but I still think it's best not to fall on members of the general public, unless maybe you see a real good fat one who can cushion your fall nicely. Obviously the fat ones aren't gonna be able to move out of the way quick enough anyway, so it serves them right. Might as well put them to good use eh? So yeah, definitely add this to Nath's duties next time.

 
At Friday, November 12, 2010 12:10:00 PM, Anonymous Mike Weakley said...

I really like the look of all the red & black balloons. Check out some of my stilt costumes at www.stiltfun.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home