Sunday, July 22, 2007

CosFest @ Downtown East

15th July, Sunday ~ went to the 3rd day of CosFest held at Downtown East. It's the final to choose the Singapore team for CosFest in Japan. The atmosphere were much better than at Taka previously. No horrifying tight ass security to content with. The event was held inside two air-con shelters with proper stage. Outside, it's spacious enough for photo shoots. Weather wise was good also. It rain a little bit later in the afternoon, but overall, was a cool & cloudy day. Thanks goodness! Many cos-players/fashion dressers & me are grateful for that.

The event hall & stage


Many vendors were selling merchandise ranging from...

Memorabilia & Collectable

Costumes & Props


As to the cos-players/fashion dressers attending, great turn-out of many varieties, all in their glory with many impressive fantastic costumes. Now, who said all local cos-player sux? People who always commented local cos-players can't make it should attend a few more cos-play events before they anyhow shoot off their nasty mouth. Don't just judged by photos lah! Lots of those pix were not taken by pros. The real things are actually much better, almost always spoil by lousy photography!

Note: Again, I'm in many of the pix below. Just paying a tribute to those brave cos-players, in respect of their effort, devotion & commitment in the face of so much none-constructive criticisms.

Groups

Sexy Guitar, Hot Blade & Love Whip

Horsing around with Blue Face & Robotman

Knights in Shining Armor

Super Troopers


Guns & Roses, Peace & War


Love is in the air with music playing...


Me playing with cool props =P


An amusing incident. A photographer mistaken me as a cos-player, wanting me to pose for him. I agreed & OMG!... before you know it, numerous other photographers swamp in like crocodiles clicking non stop. I was like posing & changing poses for about 10 min, making me feel really like a fashion model. I'm too short to be one, but nonetheless, I'm overly flattered! =P

Me a Fashion Model? =P

Note: Pic by unknown photographer who post it in a forum

Went in late when they were announcing the winning team & so, don't have any pic of them. A pity. Anyway, as a grand finale, all cos-players went up on stage taking turn posing in their full glory.

Colorful display of cos-players on stage


Sigh... after watching a number of cos-play events & since I was always mistaken as one, I'm quite tempted to cos-play too. I wanna be my favorite anime character, Rei Ayanami from EVA! Or maybe some sexy & fierce warrior girl, but no wood or cardboard sword please! I want a real steel one! Hmmm... how about me trying to be a Tachikoma from Ghost in the Shell? How the hell I'm going do that... no idea. Haha... Anyone wanna sponsor me into cos-playing? Heehee... =P

3 Comments:

At Thursday, July 26, 2007 12:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Im Takaro, Im intrested in your 2nd Picture. Im the Guy standing on the Japanese rice bucket. Red hair with the cloak of red clouds .. I aplogize for not having the proper cosplay costume on to everyone reading this. Sincerely. Neverless i would appricate if i could get the high-res picture of that. Kindly send to : cosplay@singapore-cosplay.com ... Thank you ~ and your pretty :)

 
At Friday, July 27, 2007 12:09:00 AM, Blogger Nikita Hengbok said...

Hi Takaro, thanks for your compliment. There's a problem of your email. I don't seem to be able to sent the pics. Kept reject back. Sure you give me the correct address?

 
At Friday, July 27, 2007 10:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im Takaro, Geesh ~ Im so sorry i got the email wrong. It should be .. cosplay@singapore-studio.com Thanks a dozen and sorry for any inconvenience caused. *knocks my head* .. keke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home